Land Rover Thefts Somerset
Please take steps to protect your vehicle:
• Keep locked and secure when unattended.
• Do not leave keys in the ignition or anywhere else where a thief will easily find them
• Where possible, park in well-lit areas which are overlooked
• Fit a mechanical immobiliser such as a Thatcham approved steering lock, pedal lock, wheel clamp
• Fit an alarm
• Consider installing a tracking device
• Thieves will target component parts, so mark them using a forensic solution or permanent marker
• Etch windows with the registration number
• Consider fitting a hidden battery isolation or fuel cut off switch
• Take photographs of unusual features, modifications or damage/repairs which may aid identification if stolen
• If possible keep in a secure garage or block in with other vehicles or heavy plant
• Ensure any valuables are removed from the vehicle including satnavs and cradles
Owners are urged to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity around their vehicles.
If you have any information relating to Land Rover thefts, please contact Avon and Somerset Police on 101. Alternatively, call the charity CRIMESTOPPERS anonymously on 0800555111